COOKING WITH CANNABIS
Renee Silva has become well known around Airfield for her delicious home baked goodies. When Renee brings her treats into Airfield, they are quickly devoured. She has graciously shared her marijuana recipe with us for this Thanksgiving festivities. Renee's Fly High with Mini Pumpkin Pies are an amazing way to medicate during the holidays. Check out the Marijuana Recipe and bake these yourself. Recipe makes 12 Mini Pumpkin Pies and are about 26 mg THC each.
Pie Crust Ingredients-
- 1-1/4 All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2-2/3 TBSP Shortening
- 4 tsp of Cannabis Ghee Butter (Found at Airfield)
- 1/4 Cup Cold Water
Pie Filling Ingredients-
- 1 Can Pumpkin Mix (15 ounce)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 TBSP All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Cloves
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 1-1/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
- First, start with the pie crust. Keep all ingredients nice and cold.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and mix together in large mixing bowl.
- Add cold Cannabis Ghee and butter and cut with flour
- As you add the cold water to your mixture it will come together, dough will be crumbly at first, slowly knead with hands and it will come together.
- Sprinkle cold water on the dough. If it is not coming together. This is where a little bit of intense mixing comes in!
- Once dough is combined, split into two balls. Take out some plastic wrap and lay out two pieces. Flatten the dough balls as much as possible with your hands, then wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill your dough for at least one hour, in the meantime chill out!
- About 45 minutes in, preheat oven to 350F.
- Time to start getting the filling ready! Combine all pie filling ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- Take pie dough out of fridge. Flour your work area and rolling pin. Sprinkle flour on each side of dough too.
- Roll out dough about 1/2- 1/4" inch thick. I personally prefer to cut the dough into oversized circles that are slightly wider than a muffin tin, this makes it easier to fit it into shape.
- Butter or spray non-stick cooking spray in muffin tins. Make sure everything is well covered so nothing sticks on the way out.
- Pinch the edges for a decorative look. The dough will puff up, so you want it as thin as possible without holes.
- Bake pastry shells for 6 min.
- In the meantime, combine pumpkin, spices, evaporated milk, eggs, sugars, flour and salt.
- Grab a 1/4 C. measuring unit, I find this is the best tool to fill pie crusts.
- Make sure you fit as much filling as possible into the pastry without overfilling or covering muffin pan.
- If you do spill any filling, be sure to wipe it up as it will stick to your pan.
- Bake for an additional 18 minutes, filling will puff out and crust should be slightly golden, but no worries-middle of pie will settle as it cools.
- Any leftover pie filling makes a great base for other baked goods. Top mini pies with your favorite mixed topping and enjoy!
The medicated ghee in this recipe is available at Airfield Supply Company. It is the Clarified Confections ghee. The ghee is 80 mgs per teaspoon. The Fly High with Mini Pumpkin Pie Recipe will put each pie around 26 milligrams. To make your pies more concentrated, increase medicated butter/ghee and decrease the amount of shortening.